Thursday, March 31, 2022

seriously

 I read an article today that puzzled me


    The Tribune had a story on on line dating scams.  It focused on women who have met men on line and fallen in love with them.

    All goes well until the guy gets stuck with a bill he can't pay, a project he can't finish, a deal he can't close.....because his money is somehow tied up for a brief period.  He needs a loan and since they are in love......you know the rest.

    One lady lost most of her IRA and because she made withdrawals, it affected her Social Security.  Another woman lost over $1 million in a scam, sending money to her love so he can finish a project in China.

    These were not old women, they were in their late 50s and 60s.  Some were recently widowed, some divorced, all vulnerable and easily manipulated.

    I am puzzled by people sending money to total strangers. 

    Anyone can be anything on a dating website or on line in general.  I have seen a lot of comments unning along the lines of, "you seem like a nice lady.  I would like to get to know you better" on posts female friends have made on Facebook.  I even got one from a woman!  

    Don't answer them, don't respond, don't take their friend requests.

    Be safe and act smart.

    End of lesson.

    Today was a not do day.  I had a headache so I did not do errands in town, clean the bathrooms, take stuff down to the basement,  practice my script,or hike into the woods to find a branch for our egg tree.

    Thankfully, Julia got Jackie lunch and put supper on the table.  

    My head is not as bad as it was at noon, but it is far from normal. A lot of people seem to be having headaches.  Either it's the weather or the Havanna syndrome. 

    My bet is on the weather.

Peace and Love.  Prayers for Ukraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment