Sunday, March 13, 2022

Folgers?

I don't know how to make coffee 


    Let me rephrase that.  I don't know how to make good coffee.

    I know how the coffee pot works.  I honestly think we got it as a wedding present, but Jackie said that is impossible.

    I make coffee about 5 times a year.  It's never good.

    I use 1 to 2 tablespoons of coffee for each cup.  Sometimes it comes out strong enough that it will curl your toes.  Today it came out so weak I thought I was drinking colored water.

    One time I made some and it actually disssolved the spoon and made a hole in the bottom of the cup!

    And yes, I do use cream and sugar, or at least milk and sugar.   But today nothing would have helped.  I know when I go to bed I will feel the caffeine, but I sure did not taste coffee.

    I don't want a pot that uses those little cups....seems a waste to me.  And I may not use exactly fresh coffee.  My BZ friend Linda gave me some coffee 2 years ago.  One pound of beans.  I just finished it.  Now I am using coffee I had before that.

    I keep it in the freezer and take out the beans when I need them, which is about 5 times a year.

    It could be the beans have gone stale, or the pot doesn't get as hot as it used to, or I use the wrong amount of coffee, or I have gotten used to coffee from coffee bars.  In either case, I have to make some adjustments.

    While I was looking for a tool in our kitchen junk drawer, I was reminded of the need to clean out the drawer.

    I found a coupon for Tide detergent.....$1 off.  It expired in 2014.  Seriously, how long do I go before I clean out the drawer?

    Hell, the coupon could be older than the coffee.  Or not.

    While coupons go bad, coffee doesn't.  

    Does it?

Peace, Love and Pray for Ukraine


No comments:

Post a Comment