Monday, March 7, 2022

one of those days

 Sometimes I just have a weird day


    Not terrible, not bad, not good.....just weird.

    I started out just to run three errands, walk at The Rec, and come home.  Should be 90 minutes at the most.

    Well, I spent 30 minutes at my first stop because the owner was there and we just talked and talked and talked.

    I never made the second stop, because I did not bring the paper I was supposed to drop off.

    In the meantime, Jackie called and I made a quick trip home.  I went back into town and stopped at Walmart to buy three things, only 2 of which were in stock.  No surprise.

    I ran my debit card through and it said card declined.  I ran it again and again it said card declined.  As I was puzzling over the sitsyeeation, the register started humming and printed out my receipt.  Yes, I was confused.

    I went to the bank to deposit a check and tried to endose the check with the stylus you use on those electronic pads.  It would not write.  I said it was out of ink.  That's when I discovered I had the stylus, which is not a pen.

    Went to the rec center.  My membership card would not read.  I kept waving it under the machine and nothing happened.  The young person working behind the counter said, "Hold it up to the screen."  Which I did and the card did get read.

    Funny thing:  I have been there several times and always held it up to the screen, but today I didn't.

    Like I said, weird.

    I stopped at Cypress House for a coffee.  I won a $50 gift card in a drawing there last week, so I picked out a little bouquet for Jackie, got a coffee, and a sunflower for Ukraine.

    When I left the store, I said to the youngin working there, "Thanks for the boubla... boubla........ boobala."  She just stared at me, probably thought I was having a stroke or something.  So I just left.

    My tree is still officially missing.  The 3 inches of snow we got is almost gone.  I forgot to fill my bird feeders and I have about 1,965 boxes to cut apart in the garage.

    Hopefully tomorrow is another day.........

Peace, Love and Pray for Ukraine


No comments:

Post a Comment