Sunday, October 31, 2021

trick or treat

We had trick or treaters this year! 


    Usually we have 4 or 5 kids at the most.  But this year we had well over 20.

    One of the people down the street asked who would have lights on for her kids and a lot of people in the neighborhood said they would.  And they did.  I am not sure if the kids were all neighborhood folks, but I did recognize some of them.

    And I checked to be sure my zipper was up.

    I even bought several bags of candy and gave out 3 pieces.  I still have a bit left, which may not be good for me or Jackie.

    Emily and John came over today and moved all the furniture back into the right places.  

    I am working on getting rid of stuff.  For example, we get monthly summaries of oaur medications and health care visits.  I usually punch holes in them and put them in binders.

    After talking to several people, I now realize that is kind of a waste.  So I now put them in the shred pile after I get them and review them.

    Same with financial statements.  We get balance sheets monthly and I always check them, punch holes, file them.  I don't know why.  Now I just save the quarterly statements.

    I eliminated four notebooks from my shelf by doing that.

    When we had the blue room and the yellow room repainted, I took down all the pictures.  Now I am debating on what I am going to put back on the walls.  Then I have to decide what to do with the items I did not hang. 

    I tell you, life is full of decisions.

    I also found three different containers of pens and pencils.  Most of the pens are Bic type and I honestly don't know if they work.  Most of the pencils are lead, or graphite, and I don't ever use them.  

    I'll see if there are teachers who would be able to put them to use.

    I am not really decluttering.  I am just rearranging it.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment