Thursday, October 21, 2021

Keystone Kops

 My life sometimes takes a strange twist


    Today was Pie Day.  Not Pi, that is March 14, but pie as in apple.

    We made three apple pies today and froze them.  All we have to do is pull one out, put it in the oven, and  bake the sucker.

    I peeled and cored the apples, which is not a big deal because we have a peeler.  All I have to do is stick the apple on the skewer and turn the handle.

    Jackie cut the apples up and told me how to mix the stuff that goes into the pie.  We used premade crusts from the little doughboy.

    The clean up is the hassle.  I had dishes up the wazoo plus I had to wash the floor because it was splattered with crap.  And Jackie had to change clothes because when I attempted to squirt out lemon juice, a stream got her in the chest and lap.

    Something tops that chaos!

    She had a library board meeting tonight, so I drove her to the library then waited for her meeting to be done.

    I went to put her in the car and that's when the fun began.

    I lifted her out of the wheelchair, but we had a little trouble getting into the car.

    Meanwhile, the wheelchair started rolling.  And rolling.  And rolling.

    It rolled across the alley.

    It rolled through the funeral home parking lot.

    It rolled across Sixth Street.

    It rolled into a curb, where it finally stopped.

    I was powerless because I was still wrestling Jackie into the car.

    Finally I got her in and went to get the wheelchair.

    Sarah from the library was drivng  and she stopped and asked, "What the heck is going on?  I pulled out of the parking lot and saw the wheelchair rolling across the street."

    We laughed and I got the chair.  But when I went to put it in the back end of the car, I noticed one of the leg rests was missing!

    So I went back through the parking lot, across the street and found the leg rest in the grass on the other side of the street.

    I am just lucky no one hit it as it made its journey.  And Rochelle must be on a slant, because that damn thing was really moving!

    But all is well that ends well.

    With that thought, good night.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment