Saturday, August 28, 2021

farewell, old friend

I said good bye to a dear companion today 


    For the past nearly 8 years it was dependable, comfortable, fun....but all relationships must end.

    I sold my Honda Civic.

    There is an empty space in my garage.  It will stay empty for a while.

    I remember the first time I saw it.  Gleaming.  Sleek.  Irridescent.  

    Many fun times.....runs to the zoo, camping, hauling my bike around.  

    Jackie seldom drives.  She can, it's just getting her into the car that is a problem.  If I am putting her in the car, I might as well drive.

    So for us to have two cars just seemed unnecessary.

    I sold it to our granddaughter, Camryn.  

    It will be a good first car.  It's in great condition, sure, there are a couple of tiny scratches, but mechanically it is sound and that is important.  I told her next year she might consider new tires, but it all depends on how much she drives.

    Some people name their cars.  I don't.  It was Honda.  That's all.

    And now it is gone.

    This will be the first time in 18 years I have not had a Civic in my garage.  Strange.

    Play went well tonight....did not lose my belt, or my hair.....just a couple of lines.

    One more performance.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment