Friday, June 25, 2021

day....no no.....475

 I was up late last night


    I caught the last three innings of the Cubs no hitter against the Dodgers.  Granted, the game started around 9 but was over a little after midnight, so I was asleep before 1.  (And I used the word caught as in watched.  If I had actually caught the game I would be the oldest active catcher on record.) 

    It was pretty cool to see a team no hit by four different pitchers.  I had never seen that before and I was glad I watched it.

    But it made for a slow wake up in the morning.

    I did get into town and helped with the mobile food truck that comes several times a year.  The truck distributes food to those in need, and there are a lot of people hurting  right now.  So I helped pack up boxes and bags and distribute them to cars as they pulled into the parking lot.  

    It made me thankful for my life.

    Tonght was pizza night with our third and fourth daughters.  It was fun to catch up, laugh a little, share pandemic stories of a sort.  Thanks Bethie and Sheri for coming and visiting with the old folks.

    Now...it's the fourth inning.  Still a lot of baseball left, but no no hitter tonight.

    Stay safe.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment