Wednesday, June 23, 2021

day......hair day....473

 Jackie had a hair appointment today


    She does not like the gray hairs living with me cause, so she went in for a cut and dye.

    That means I have about 90 minutes to 2 hours to kill.

    I bopped over to Acres Bistro and was going to have a sandwich for lunch, but figured if I did not finish it, I had to toss it because there was no way to keep it cool.

    So I had soup.  

    It was amazing!  Red pepper something, and it was very good.  I almost licked the bowl.

    Next  I had dessert, as if you had to guess!   Chocolate pot de creme, I believe....also very good.

    With a little time to spare, I decided to sit and read but the bench was too hard for my still aching butt muscle.  So I stopped at Midwestern Clothing and picked up a shirt for Jackie that we had seen on their posting on Facebook.

    When we got home, I settled in my chair for a read and ..... bingo, it became 5 very quickly.

    I checked my rain guage tonight and was surprised to see there was barely a tenth of an inch.  It seemed like it rained a lot more than that this morning.  It's a new guage, so there should not be any leaks.  And why does the word guage always look misspelled to me?

    We had pancakes and bacon for supper, served with lovingly made Vermont maple syrup.  

    All in all, it was a good day.  But I really need to get my butt and leg healthy so I can get some of the chores on my list done.  I have 187 chores down, running from the mundane (cleaning the basement living area) to the difficult (replacing all the blades of dead grass with live grass, hand grown on my own sod farm.)

    Some things won't get done by July 1, my self imposed deadline.

    Oh well....life is funny, not always in a ha ha sort of way, either.

    Stay healthy.  Enjoy the day.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment