Thursday, May 13, 2021

day...whew....432

 I love days like this


    I had a 6 month exam with my urologist about my prostate cancer incident.  It was almost 6 months ago to the day that I underwent robotic surgery to remove the prostate.

    I had a PSA test to check, and I have a rating of 0.  That is very good.  Sharing TMI here, but the pipes are controlled and I am almost normal, what ever that is in my mind.

    He said something very nice to me.  He said I am doing great for a man of my age!  Usually it takes almost a year to reach the state I am in, so I am quite happy.

    I do have a check up in six months.....almost on the anniversary of my operation.

    To celebrate, as if I need a reason, I stopped at Starbucks and ordered an iced coffee.  As I am standing there a voice rings out, "Is that Terry Dickow?"  I turned around and saw a man and woman, but I did not immediately recognize them.  She looked familiar, but I could not place her.  I asked who she was and she told me, but I must not have understood because I said, "Whose mother?"  She told me again and lowered her mask and then I recognized her.

    We all sat outside and talked for almost an hour.  It was like a normal day!

    I know Dolly and John don't read this blog, not sure if their daughter does either, but I had a really nice time.

    I even packed up two boxes from the den today.  

    I also made a list of things I need to do.  It's a long list.  I am slowly chipping away at it.

    For some reason I have been listening to the Margaritaville channel on Sirius instead of the Beatles.  I do miss our Buffet concerts.....and our get togethers.  Hopefully this year we can do both.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment