Friday, May 21, 2021

day......wet memories.....440

 I took another bike ride today


    There was a light rain this morning, but it had stopped by the time I started to ride.

    At one point along the bike path I stopped to smell the lilacs.  I love that smell....need to get a lilac scented candle.

    I pstopped off at  Cypress House at the 7 mile mark and had a refreshment.  I placed my helmet on the table outside. When I walked it, the light rain returned.  I got my drink, chatted a while, watched the rain come down harder, then went outside to sit under the roofline and have my drink.

    By the time I remembered my helmet, it was pretty wet, as were my gloves.

    I waited it out, finished my drink, got back on my bike and it started to rain a little harder.  My helmet was wet, my gloves were wet, my pants were getting wet......and I felt great!

    I was no longer riding around Rochelle....I was riding through the Netherlands with my friends Bob and Diane.  I could almost feel the breeze off the IJsselmeer as I rode.  Actually, there was a breeze, but no lake.  

    I rode three more miles then called it a day.  I was wet but it was a good feeling.  Maybe I need to ride in the rain more often!

    I do need some help.  I am not a tree person, except for oaks.  I passed two of these trees on Clifton Terrace in town.  Can someone tell me the names of the trees?  I would appreciate it.

    And I have a before and after chair picture....I know, another damn chair picture.  They are still in the garage.....almost hate to put them out in the rain!

    


What I started with....note the black.


Where I finished....



Name that tree!!!!!  Please!!



Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment