Wednesday, May 19, 2021

day...what the Edison?....438

 We had a very strange day today


    My brother and sister-in-law, along with my niece and her son, were coming down for lunch today.  John was coming over too, but Emily was working.

    Now, I tend to over buy.  There were 7 of us.  We thought sandwiches would be the best option.

    I went to the store and bought one pound of ham, one pound of turkey, one pound of salami, one half pound of roast beef and one pound of Swiss cheese.  We had two types of pasta salad, home made (Jackie read directions, I mixed) three bean salad, lettuce, tomato, and chips.

    Plus I bought cookies for dessert, took a box of Swiss chocolates out, and they were bringing apple doughnuts and a small apple-cherry pie.

    We had enough food.

    Around 10:30 the power went out.  It was still out at 11:30.  I called them and said no power means no water.  It was still out at 12:30 and we decided to put off lunch until tomorrow.  Somewhere around 12:40 the power went back on and I called and they left from Rockford.  On I-39.  Where they sat for 20 minutes just south of 72 because of the construction zone.

    They managed to turn around, get off at 72, and take backroads here.

  When everyone arrived we were all pretty hungry.

    It was a great visit  I have not seen our niece in a long time,  mainly because she lives in Ohio.  It's been about 6 months since I saw my brother because they spend winters in Florida.

    I forgot to put out the chocolates.  Now I will have to eat them because I froze them at Christmas and don't think you can freeze, thaw, freeze candy without ruining the flavor. 

    And I think I have to freeze some lunch meat because I don't believe we can eat that much before it goes bad.

    Even with 3 hours without power, which I used to clean out desk drawers, it was a pretty darn good day.

    Hope you had a good day!  Stay safe.  Stay happy.  Stay healthy.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment