Sunday, May 30, 2021

day.......randomness.......449

 I planted some prairie plugs in my native garden today


    That is why Ineeded the bulb planter.

    Last year I had a little over 100 plants, this year I have less, although I honestly do not know how many I have.  

    Last year I had a diagram of where everything was going.  It took us (Sheri, Camryn and me) almost three hours to plant, mainly because it was hard to find the right plant to match the scheme.

    This year I said hell, it's all random in nature!  So I just dug holes and planted.  No scheme, no plan.  I did put two or three of the same together, to  bunch them, and I did put the taller ones in the back.

    Part of the problem I have is a big rock.  Or rather I don't have.  I am supposed to get a big rock for the garden plus some mulch.  I thought it would be here two weeks ago, but his latest estimate is later this week.  Once the big rock is dropped it can't be moved and any plants in it's way will be smooshed.  So I can't finish the planting until later.

    That's my day.

    I am adding some pictures of what the yard looks like....or parts of the yard anyway.


spiderwort is in bloom

See the smoke on the prairie smoke?


old nad new






Stay safe.  Stay healthy.   Have a happy Memorial Day.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment