Friday, May 14, 2021

day........eh........433

 Today was a pleasant day in Rochelle


    The tempertures were nice, almost no wind, plenty of sun.  I took a ride through town on my trusty bike and stopped at Cypress House for a cool refreshment.  Spent some time with friend Amy, who was having lunch outside.

    While riding I ran into a former student who now lives in Hawaii.  She was home visiting and helping her mom and we spent a few minutes catching up, maintaining a safe distance all the while.  We even gave each other virtual hugs.

    My pea crop has taken a beating.  I don't know if it was the frost or the rain, but I replanted the peas today.  I hope they mature before it gets too hot.  I don't understand how peas and corn survive when it frosts, but the corn plants look pretty good.

    I stopped by a farm field and picked up some rocks for my gardens.  I may need a couple more, but I better get them before the crops get too big and I can't see the ground.

    I also took items  for the market in Creston tomorrow.  Friend Linda and I are having a booth and hopefully we can sell some of our stuff.  I took over about 30 items, and am hoping I don't bring 35 back.

    As you can see, it was a pretty hum drum day.  I am not complaining at all about that.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment