Thursday, April 29, 2021

day.....eh?......418

 I had my hearing aid fixed today


    I broke it the other day, right after I broke my tooth.  At least my glasses are not broke.  Yet.  Notice how I used broke three times in sentences?  Good writers avoid repetitive use of the same word.

    Anyway, went to the audiologist today for a follow up.  Told her I broke my hearing aid.  She took about 5 minutes and fixed it.

    I had a large "bell" on my right ear  because my right ear canal is larger than my left.  But the larger "bell" was hard to get in, and I pushed it once too many times and it snapped  

    So today we went to a smaller bell.

    She showed me how to change bells, telling me I should do that every two months, along with changing the filter.

    Easy as pie when she did it. 

    Then it was my turn.  I fumbled and fumbled and fumbled ( sometimes repetitive words are used for emphasis, like now.  That could be the mark of a good writer.  Or not.) and finally asked her how much time she had.  She told me not to worry, my appointment was a 30 minute slot...plenty of time.

    I tried again.  She showed me again.  I tried again.  She got a tool to make it easier and showed me again.  I tried again.

    Finally, she said, "Tell you what, Terry.  When you need them changed, just bring them in and I will do it for you."

    By then my 30 minutes were up.

    But at least my hearing aids are both working.  Now all I have to do is listen.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment