Tuesday, April 20, 2021

day......almost done.....409

 I am almost through the last box of pictures


    Allow me to clarify.  The last box I know of of my mom's pictures.

    Here's something I suggest:  Date and label every picture you save.  Nothing is more frustrating than looking at a picture and wondering who the people are.

For instance:


    This is a picture of my mother and one of her sisters.  It is labeled 1923.  I assume my mother is the shorter of the two kids.  Maybe my brother would know, but I am not positive.  I do know that the taller girl is looking at the smaller girl out of the corner of her eye....and smiling.


    Some pictures bring back fond meories of the house at 1472 Belle Plaine.  My mother was not much of a gardener.....I don't think my dad was either.  But she loved climbing roses.  Someone had to nurture the plants!



    I vivdly remember these roses.  We moved into the house when I was in seventh or eighth grade.  An old Victorian, it had 4 bedrooms and one bathroom for the 5 of us.  The yard was about 10 feet by 30 feet and I had to hand  push-mow it!  There were three houses in a row, and all 3 were the same except the house on the corner was reversed.  All 3 were built in the 1890s.  Mom mom sold the house in 1977 for about $57,000.  A few years ago it was listed for close to $700,000 but it did not even look like the house I live in for much of my life.  And it had more than one bathroom.


    My mom had lots of family pictures.  I have tried to sort them, but it is a lot harder than I thought.  I did find one of my favorite pictures, and I am sad that it has faded so much.  I think Jackie and I have a similar one, also faded.


    I believe this was the first time we allowed Julia to hold her sister. It seems like yesterday, yet so long ago. 

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment