Wednesday, April 21, 2021

day.....brrr......410

 All I can say is it is damn cold outside

    Because it is cold, and because I am out of words tonight, I am going to entertain you with some more mother pictures.

    I love old pictures.  The black and white images just seem neater that color prints in some cases.  Ansel Adams proved black and white landscape photos can be pretty damn good looking, too.


    This picture is labeled. Aunt Bee is standing, my mom is on the back of the pony, and Aunt Jeane is in front.  No date, but my mom was born in 1917 and she does not look very old in this shot.   I can actually tell it is my mother.  Jeane does not look happy.



    You may have seen this one before.  I think I was always filled with wonder at the world.  No year, but I am guessing Christmas 1948, maybe 1949.


    Again, no date.  My brother Dennis is on the left and Carl is  in the middle.  Funny story about Dennis.  He was Walter Dennis Dickow.  But all my life I knew him as Dennis or Denny.  

    He got a job as a substitue clerk carrier with the postal service.  One morning, about 5 a.m., the phone rang and my brother Carl answered.  Someone on the other end asked for Walter.  Carl told him no one named Walter lived there.  The guy called back and asked for Walter again.  I think that is when Carl realized they wanted Denny.


    I think I was a handsome kid.. but I seemed to have a head tilt in every picture.  Maybe I was thinking I would have aa career in movies and my head shots would be done with a tilted pose.

    The pictures seem to stop right about then.  I never found pictures of my brothers' grade school or high school graduations, or any of mine.  No birthday parties, no picnics at the cemetery.  There are a couple of pictures of relatives, but nothing that really tells about family.

    On the other hand, we have lots of pictures of Julia and Emily and things they did in life.  

    I guess taking pictures just got easier as technology advanced.  Jackie's folks didn't take any pictures either,  just a couple of snapshots now and then.

    Babies today have every move documented.  I see photos of youngsters on their monthly birthdates and their first days of school.  Every accomplishment seems to be captured in digital images, with great colors.

    I just wonder how the next generation will be documented.

    Stay happy.  Stay healthy.   Stay safe.

Peace and Love






No comments:

Post a Comment