Monday, March 8, 2021

oops

 Let's just say this was an oops day


    First off, I slept well last night.  I knew you were all on the edge of your seats wondering.

    My little friend Xanax helped.  I went to bed before 11, but at 12:30 I broke down and took the pill.  (Rolling Stones kept going through my mind....go running for the shelter of her mother's little helper and it helps her ease the way gets her through her busy day, or something like that)  I slept well after that.

    But today was kind of an oops day.  And Corki benefited.

    I spilled granola all over the floor.  By the time I got the broom, Princess Croki had pretty much cleaned up all but the very little pieces.

    Then I dropped a cup of yogurt on the floor, and it squirted in several directions.  Dogs like yogurt!   Who knew.

    I went into the pantry to get Jackie's cottage cheese for lunch.

    I went into the little bathroom to get her purse, which hangs in the closet in our bedroom.

    I went into town to walk and return the video to the library, but I didn't bring the video.

    I looked in the refrigerator for the cutting board.

    I'm thinking my mind might not have been  crystal clear today.

    I did manage to grill hamburgers outside.  It felt good to stand in the driveway, in the brisk spring like air, sipping a wine and listening to the quiet while smelling burning cow. 

    Burgers tasted great, Rainwater corn from last summer was great, wine was great..... not a bad way to cap off an oops day.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Avoid the oops.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment