Wednesday, March 17, 2021

day......food!!......375

 Today was a food day....maybe too much


    Jackie had a hair appointment at noon.  Right across the street is a fairly new restaurant in town called Acres Bistro.

    When Jackie had her hair done 7 weeks ago, I stopped in for a coffee and creme brulee.  It was very good.  I say stopped in because she has her hair restored to her natural color and after about an hour has to move from the chair to a rinse station.  Since she can't get up by herself, I have to help her.  And with Covid, I don't like haging around the salon, so I go for coffee.

    I stopped in today to see what they had for St. Pat's Day.  I ordered a coffee and  Irish potato soup, plus two desserts to go.  The soup was amazing!!  In fact, it was so good, I ordered a bowl to go!

    I had a slice of chess pie and a piece of grasshopper pie for dessert tonight.

    Again, because it is the wearing of the green day, we ordered Reuben's from the Flight Deck.  I also picked up a couple of Shamrock Shakes.

    We had a $25 voucher for the Flight Deck.  I put the voucher next to my phone so I would remember it....and you know where this is going.  Took the phone, not the voucher,  Guess we'll be going back in a couple of weeks, which is good because we both like the food.

    I could only eat half my Reuben and drink a third of my shake because I was still full from lunch!  Forget the desserts, neither of us could cram another morsel of food in our mouths if you paid us.

    I  bet I gained 10 pounds today. 

    Bonus to the day....no dishes to do for supper, plus we have leftovers plus dessert for tomorrow.

    I guess it was just the luck of the Irish, eh?

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment