Sunday, January 31, 2021

day........snow.......320

 We only had about 5 inches of snow


    As you know, it has snowed off and on during the day....a very pretty snowfall.  We did not get the 10 inch plus drop some forecasts predicted, which is fine with me.

    We have our driveway plowed, but the sidewalk needed to be shoveled for the dog.

    Let me explain.  Corki goes out, sees the white sidewalk and then squats and does her business on the porch or the walk.  Today she dropped a doobie on the sidewalk, then strolled out into the snow.  Jackie thinks she doesn't like her butt to get cold, so that's why she does her business on the sidewalk

    I, on the otherhand, think Corki is wacko.

    So I shovel.

    Today was a wet, heavy snow...heart attack snow....so I went slowly and carefully.

    As I was shoveling I kind of got a littly misty eyed about the good old days.  Making snowmen, snow angels, snowball fights, sledding down the hill at Montrose Beach....things I will probably never do again in life.  I really missed my youth today.

    Sure, I could have built a snowman....but I didn't.  A lost opportunity for sure, but sometimes it is not fun to build one by yourself.

    Anyway....worked on my puzzle and made some progress today, but I have a long way to go.  

    I still have a box of pictures in the dining room....been there since before my surgery in November.  Maybe, just maybe, this week I will try to go through them and empty the tub.  I have said that before.

    We also Skyped Julia, always good to talk to my daughters.  It has been snowy there, but temps are going into the 50s this week and they have had rain, so snow in the lower elevations is gone. 

    That's my life.......sometimes it just feels so much like Groundhog Day, which is coming up this week.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Watch for shadows.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment