Monday, January 18, 2021

day.....$$$$$$....307

 If I were a rich man......


    I buy lottery tickets.  I admit it.

    It's kind of strange.  When the jackpot hits $300 million, I will buy tickets.  And I keep buying them until the prize is won.  I play the same numbers, a combination of birthdates, our anniversary, our ages; but I always play the same numbers.  I get psycho when I don't play because my numbers may be picked.

    So far I have not won a cent.  

    But when I do, watch out world!

    I think I have spent every penny in my mind.  And none of it is on fancy cars or a bigger house.....most of it is to benefit other people, organizations, or causes.

    Yes, I will buy a different house, but only because with all that money I will need a house with a major security system.  And maybe a moat with crocodiles or man eating fish (no offense, but I can't spell phirana) and a safe room equipped with a six month supply of choclate, tea and cookies.

    But my life would not change very much.  Sure, the full time massuse will be on hand to give me a massage whenever I want one, and the housekeeper, cook, man servant and full time nursing staff will be working together to take care of the old folks.  

    But I will continue my humble life style.  Sure, maybe I will fly some friends down on my private jet for a quick visit on my tropical island, but I will keep my down home life style intact.

    And yes, I will be the same, approachable Terry.  Sure, you may have to work through my personal assistant to get a meeting with my personal personal assistant who will decide whether I meet with anyone or not.  But I will still be approachable.

    But I will maintain a low profile.  Perhaps you may see us at the Terry Dickow Theater, or picnicking at Dickow Park, or a a program at one of the various Dickow schools in the area.  You might even watch a team play at Dickow Stadium, just make sure you scan the crowd to look for me because, in the end, I am still one with the masses.

    And I won't forget those great causes and organizations or whatever.

    And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to put some bottles of Dom Perignon on ice.      Just in case.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe. Stay hopeful.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment