Thursday, January 7, 2021

day......long fellows.....296

yes, my feet are like a poet 


Here it is the 7th of January

and winter weather is making me wary

watching clouds, waiting for sun

now its late and the day is done

but all was gray outside


I love seeing the frost on the tree

a frilly, chilly sight to see

That will disappear when it starts to warm 

maybe to return after the next storm

only time will tell


I remember having to go out and mow

because the damn grass was so quick to grow

but now it is dormant, coldly asleep

beneath the ice and snow buried deep

waiting for spring to come


Fewer birds are coming to feed

maybe they don’t like the  seed

or it could be the hawk hanging around

it  has brought some of them down

leaving piles of feathers


If you have read this far you can tell

I am not a poet, but what the hell

sometimes I am bored a nd need a challenge

like finding a word to rhyme with orange

and I  did come close.


Be safe.  Be healthy.



Peace and Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment