Tuesday, October 20, 2020

day....success....219

 Jackie's cataract surgery went well today


    She was tired.  When we got home, she sat in her chair and napped until almost 4.  She is still pretty tired

    But everything seemed to go well.  I have to put 3 different drops in her eye twice a day.  

    It's like a dive bomber hitting a target from 30,000 feet.  I think I get it in on the first or second try....but I am never sure.  She does not have liquid on her cheek, so I think it is going in.

    It wasn't as hard before the surgery, but I don't want to pull on the eyelid and cause damage.

    During her surgery I had a nice visit with by brother and his wife.  We looked at an old photo album of our mom's.  I know I talk about these a lot, probably too much, but one of the albums I have is from my mom's youth.

    It's funny to see pictures of her as a 17 year old.  She was pretty.  I always knew her  as Mom and I guess I never thought about her life as a kid.  She was born in 1914, and the pictures were in 1931 up to 1934 or so.

    They are all pretty happy pictures, taken during the Depression, one of the darkest times in our history. I did talk to her a couple of times about her life....I guess you would call them interviews, actually.  I made notes in a notebook and filed it in a folder marked "family history."

    Maybe I'll look at the notes and pictures and piece it all together.

    But that's a recovering from surgery project.

    Stay healthy.  Stay happy.  Mask it, please.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment