Tuesday, October 6, 2020

day ....update....206

 I had a doctor visit today

    My original urologist suggested I see a different urologist for his opinion on what to do with my prostate.

    If you don't know, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer one week ago.  Anniversary cards are not expected.

    The doc today repeated the doc from last week....advantages and disadvantages, probable outcomes and risks.  

    I asked him what he would do if he was me and he said remove it.  Then he  added that he was a surgeon.  He has done over 400 removals robotically.  Now, if you think that is a lot for the DeKalb area, he did work in downtown Chicago for two years and performed surgeries there.

    Next up is a radiology oncologist.  I meet with him next week and get his opinion.

    Doc today said either way was a good option.  

    So that is where I am at.

    I have a couple of other people to talk to, and have talked to several men who have gone the removal route.  None regretted it.

    I do want to thank everyone who has commented on my situation and offered encouragement and help.  You won't believe how much that means to Jackie and me.

    I know there are people, friends and friends of friends, who are suffering from cancer far more serious than mine.  Yet some of those same people have messaged me words of encouragement and hope.  It literally brings tears to my eyes.

    If I opt for surgery, it won't be done until mid to late November at the earliest.  My prostate needs time to heal from the biopsy.  Seems funny to me to heal it up and then take it out.

    I just hope I don't have to give myself another enema. 

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment