Thursday, October 15, 2020

day......details......214

 I am not a detail person

     When I was teaching, my lesson plans often looked like doodles  To be honest, sometimes they were doodles!

    When I got my first real job at the newspaper in a different life, I was detail oriented.  I always made sure names, addresses, dates, facts were correct.

    As I move through life, I have gotten sloppy.

    So papers I should file are piled in the closet.  Magazines I "must" read are piled on the floor, along with unsold calendars and news articles I printed off.  Somewhere I have a DIY article on refinishing my patio furniture, which I hope to do in the next week or two.

    It may be in the pile too.  The article, not the furniture.

    I do get short bursts of enthusiasm.  This week I changed the batteries in the smoke detectors, put in new lightbulbs in our outdoor garage lights, unscrewed all the hoses in case we get a big freeze, moved in plants, covered my struggling beans, and put a picture in a frame.

    Notes:  Jackie bought the lights on QVC because friend Nadine told us about them.  The lights are LED but with a sensor that turns off when it is light.  Jackie has always complained ab out how dark the garage area is at night.  During the day it is not dark.  Just so you know.  The picture is 11 x 17.  I bought an 11 x 17 frame.  Easy peasy, right?  A detail person would have noticed the picture is 1/16th of an inch bigger than advertised.  A detail person would have carefully trimmed it down.  I jammed it into the frame.  It looks ok.

    To be honest, sometimes I get frustrated with me.  The papers and unfinished, often unstarted, projects really do bother me.  

    And that's why



No comments:

Post a Comment