Saturday, October 3, 2020

day...feed me....203

 I think my life revolves around food


    I had fish and chips last night and today was a veritable food flood.  (I just noticed the only difference between food and flood is the letter L.  Coincidence?  I think not.)

    There was a food truck festival in a downtown park.  There were three vendors, and I got a hot dog for Jackie at one and and 2 tacos for me at another.  They were delicious.

    Friends Dan and Linda dropped off a chicken and noodles dinner from a church in Chana, and it was heavenly!   I especially loved the apple dessert that was part of the meal.

    And they bought a Rotary calendar!!  So a double win!!

    Thank you for the food, friendship, and Rotary donation.  Soon we will be meeting and having wine as we ponder the state of the world.

    Tomorrow I plan on making beef stew.  Jackie will have to tell me how to do that, but I have been craving stew for a while.  It's good cold weather food, right?  And it is getting cool outside.

    Two downer notes.....the Cubs are done.  I just could not get into this season, and they didn't seem to either.  The second downer is the spooky drive through benefit for VCCT.  People will be able to reserve a time, drive to a cemetery, turn on the radio, and drive through the cemetery while actors portray figures from Rochelle's past.

    It would be something I would love to do, but I can't commit.  I could be  busy a few of those days.  

    Into life a little rain must fall.  That sums up today, too.  A rainy day.  Sometime this week I will have to dig carrots and cut them up so we can blanch them and freeze them.  I always seem to do that when it is freaking cold, but hope to avoid frostbite this year.

    That's my life today.

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Mask it or casket.....advice some leaders should have followed.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment