Tuesday, October 13, 2020

day.....dreaming....212

 I joined a new Facebook group


    It focuses (that's a pun) on photos from Switzerland.

    I love the site.

    I have seen so many pictures, it is almost as if I was there.

    Of course, many of  the places I have actually been to, but my pictures don't do those sites justice.

    I also have been seeing pictures from Upper Michigan and Vermont....again, places we have been to but the pictures are just so amazing.

    I love the fall.  I love the trees changing colors.  I love the crispness in the air and the crunch of leaves under my feet.

    But I always think of Frank Sinatra.  Ole' Blue Eyes.  

And now the days are short, I'm in the autumn of the year and I think of my life as a vintage wine from  fine old kegs  From the brim to the dregs, it pours sweet and clear...it was a very good year.

    Like many people my age, I never thought I would reach the autumn of the year.  It is kind of a surprise, really.

    Someone whom I have not seen for a while looked at me and asked when my hair turned gray.  I don't know.  It just happened.

    So...a little maudlin tonight.  

    But I have a message:  Live your life.  Don't wait.  

    Now, if you'll excuse me I am going to go back to looking at picrtues from Switzerland.  And sipping some wine from California.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or don't pass go and collect $200.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment