Monday, October 19, 2020

day....it's a date.....218

 I had some good news and some terrible news today


    The good news is I have a date with a surgeon Nov. 18 to remove my traitorous prostate.

    I will have one incision plus  5 or 6 small holes where the camera and robots will enter my pristine abdomen.  Once inside, the little guys will clip and snip away at the prostate, eventually setting it free for removal.

    Strangely, I am quite at peace with this.  I did not  cry, panic, sweat, pass out, curse, or attempt to run away and hide.

    I may have impressed Emily with my stoic nature.

    My happiness was even greater when the doc said I did not have to do an enema piror to the procedure!  You may remember my last encounter with an enema and while it wasn't pretty, it made some of you laugh.

    My elation came crashing down when the nurse came in with pre-surgery instructions.....and an enema was included.  I said no, no,, he said I didn't have to.

    So she trotted off to confirm only to learn he mistakenly told me I did not have to....but I do.

    So, somewhere around 4 a.m. Nov. 18 I will be performing my enema gymnastics.  Spectators are invited, but there will be a hefty entertainment charge.

    Jackie, on the other hand, is rather subdued over her date with a doctor tomorrow.  She gets the cataract on her right eye fixed.  Two weeks later she gets her left eye done.

    Hopefully by the time Christmas comes we will both be recovered.

    That's the medical front news......imagine if our parents had Facebook instead of having to use a telephone to announce to the world all their medical problems that people my age said they would never talk about when they got old.

    Life's a bitch sometimes.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it, please.

Peace and Love

1 comment:

  1. We will keep you in our thoughts for the 18th nov.
    a hug

    ReplyDelete