Friday, October 30, 2020

day.......fear...229

I went out of town for dinner tonight 


    Prepandemic, the local radio station had an auction.  I bought $10 gift cards for a popular pizza place for $5 each.  I have 4 of them.  Then the pandemic hit.

    We have not gone out of town often for food.  But tonight I was in the mood for pizza.

    So I hopped in the car and drove over for two pizzas.  They don't take phone orders, I found out, and the pizza is a European type that serves one.

    I ordered at the bar and she said about 15-20 minutes.

    The place was packed.  No social distancing, every table looked full and there was some sort of party out on the patio.

    I alao ordered cheesecake.  I used 2 of the $10 gift cards, and I had a balance I paid in cash.

    After about 15 minutes a waitress brought out a stack of pizzas and said, "Order for Terry."  Two cheesecakes and three pizzas, including a goat cheese pizza....so I knew that was not my order.  But the cheesecakes were.

    The pizzas belonged to someone else.

    So I waited.  About 10 minutes later she comes back again with three pizzas and says, "Terry, here's your order."  I point out I ordered 2 pizzas, and none of the 3 she had were what I ordered.

    A lady was waiting, and they were her pizzas.

    Another 5 minutes goes by and she comes back with two pizzas and looks at me and says, "Terry, these actually are your pizzas."

    And they were.

    They were also darn good. 

    But I was nervous for all the people around.  I tried to hide off on a corner of the bar, but a young girl asked if the seat next to me was taken and I said no, so she sat next to me for a few minutes.  I think she noticed me cowering even farther away and she eventually moved over three seats.

    Covid does some strange things to your mind.  A young girl sitting next to me?  The only thought on my mind was "don't breathe in my direction."

    Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Please wear a mask.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment