Sunday, May 10, 2020

day....oops....55

Always read and follow label directions

     As a teacher, I would get on kids about reading directions and following directions.
     It's important.  If the form says "print," then you need to print.  If the form says "check one box", then check one.  Simple.
     So why did I throw out the pudding I made?
     Directions.
     I have made pudding for years.  Put the pudding in a bowl, add two cups of milk, stir and cool. If it is cook and serve, you heat the pudding/milk mix until it boils, then put it into the fridge.
     So two nights ago I took two cups of milk, started heating it, put the lemon pudding and pie filling mix in the pan, brought it to a boil while stirring, then put it in the fridge.
     Hours later, served some to Jackie and me and it was terrible.  Rubbery.  Stiff.  Solid.  Gelatinous.  Not like pudding at all.
     Today when taking out the recycling, I found the box. 
     Curious, I wondered if the mix was outdated.  It was not.
     Then I read the directions:  Put mix into bowl, and one egg and one quarter cup sugar. Add one cup water, bring to boil, add one more cup water.......
     Nothing about milk.  Nothing. 
     It tasted funny because I did not follow the directions. 
     Actually, funny might not be the best term.  Jackie had a little and did not like it, I had some and tossed the rest.
     Lesson learned.
     Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Stay home.  Stay masked.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment