Sunday, May 17, 2020

day......): ..... 61

Today was a much better day

     Yesterday was a pretty dark day for us.  Jackie has an infection and we went to immediate care for a consult.  NP was veery nice and helpful, prescribing an antibiotic and recommending some OTC drug to help out my wife.
     She took a dose of the antibiotic at about 2....and sometime around 8 she became so weak, she could not stand.  I could not get her out of her seat.  I ended up calling Emily, who came to the rescue and stayed for over an hour, making sure Jackie could get up and down and in bed.
     I don't know why she was weak...maybe the constant exertion of getting up and down, maybe because that we did not eat any food because we were so exhausted and nothing seemed to sound edible, maybe it was the infection running its course.
     Whatever, today was a much better day.  She is more mobile, can get up and down with my help, and is feeling better.
     I have said it before and I will say it again.  MS sucks.  It is a debilitating disease that robs a person of their dignity, freedom, mobility. 
     Usually in May I take part in an MS fund raising event.  Because or Covid there was no walk or ride.  There was a virtual walk, but I never registered my "team" for the event.
     So.....I encourage you to make a donation to MS Society of Illinois.  I know some day there will be a cure.  Money is the root of finding that cure.
     End of message.
     Hope you stay safe, stay healthy, stay home, stay masked........
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment