Friday, May 8, 2020

day......Crap....53

I can't believe this.....

     I just put away our heavier coats.  And sweatshirts. 
     We just hung out Mother's Day baskets from Julia and Emily and John.  (By the way, I always get confused.  Mother's Day, as in singular; or Mothers' Day as in plural.  I always have to look to see what the papers are doing but tonight I don't give a hoot.)
     We have a freeze warning for tonight.  Warning.  That means it is going to be colder than a witch's nose tonight.  (When I was younger and a bit uncouth, I would use another part of a witch's anatomy.  I am more mature now.)
     So the plants are in the garage, where they will be warmer.  (And yes, I have been watering them.  I also had to put spikes in them to keep out the birds.)
     My plea to Mother Nature...all I am saying, is give peas a chance.  My peas are about an inch high.  I hope they don't get ruined.
     Things that happened today that are totally unrelated:
     Picked up some masks that Sara S. made for us.  Thank you.
     Got a coffee and a big jar of honey.
     Received a package in the mail with two Chicago Cubs facemasks.....I am thinking Emily?  Julia?  That 19 year old extremely beautiful girl who smiled at me three weeks ago?
     Got hamburgers tonight as a take out.  Ok, a minor complaint.  Won't name the place.  Ordered two burgers and fries.  Picked them up and .... well, there was nothing special about them.  No lettuce.  No tomato.  And the fries were just ok.  In the past we have eaten there and the burgers have been awesome.  Maybe it's an off night....or........???
     Went to the BP station on the south side of town, because I get 10 cents a gallon off the gas when I use my BP Visa card.  It's not a BP anymore.  No discount.  Not only that, they will no longer be taking my BP Visa card.   They don't have a new flag yet, but the BP signs are all covered or removed.
     For the past two nights I  have made a S'more of sorts with graham crackers and a special chocolate candy bar Julia bought in Amsterdam.  Got a really neat flower in the front........
     Tired tonight.  Tom Skilling woke me up at 5:45 a.m., telling me there was a frost advisory for my area.  Jackie has to learn how to put weather bulletins on mute at night.
     Stay home.  Stay Safe.  Stay Healthy
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment