Wednesday, May 13, 2020

day .... it's Blursday.....58

So much to tell about today

     I bought flowers for my planters.  And tomato plants for the garden.  Now I just have to figure out when it is safe to plant them.
     I hate it when they say "Plant after the last frost."  Who the hell knows when the last frost will be? You'd have to be a weather psychic to tell me when the last frost is.  I know, Farmers' Almanac will give an approximate date, or the average last date.  But.....
     I just know Mother's Day was the suggested planting time in my younger years. (Judy, I did read the article on Mother's vs Mothers'.....very informative.  I always  thought Hallmark invented it right after they thought about Christmas movies.  They just didn't have the technology then.  Christmas stereoscope slides?  Christmas magic lantern shows?  Just didn't work.)
     I think I will plant this weekend...if the long range forecast doesn't predict snow, frost, hail, lightning, freezing rain or anything like that.
     The first place I went into, I went for tomato plants.  I bought some bird seed, herbs, and walked out without tomato plants.  I had to go back in, but did not like the plants, so I went to a second place.  I could not find them there and had to ask.  (Yes, men sometimes ask for directions.)  I had walked right past 6 tables of tomato plants.  6.
     I missed a meeting because I could not remember what day it was.  I tried to take out recycles last night, because I forgot what day it was.  There is a new word for that:  Blursday.  Seriously.  Covid 19 (another new word) has spawned Blursday for when people confined in home don't remember what day it is.
     See.....I am entertaining and informative.
     I did learn an important lesson today.  Behind the ear masks don't work well with hearing aids.  Every time I took the mask on or off my hearing aids fell out!
    Stay Healthy,  Stay Safe.  Stay Home.
Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment