Friday, April 17, 2020

day 32

Didos and aniles flummoxed me today

     I do crossword puzzles, usually in the morning when I eat breakfast.
     But two words really made me doubt my accuracy.  Dido was going across and anile was going down in a different part of the puzzle.
     I had never heard of either word, and figured I goofed somewhere.  So I checked the answers.....they were correct.
     A dido is a mischievous prank or trick.  I thought maybe someone said to a wordsmith one day to get the L out of it, and it-changed the meaning of the word completely.
    I don't live with an anile, which is a senile or doddering old woman.  Somedays it feels like that, but I don't. 
     I typed dido on the computer and discovered that there is a female singer/songwriter in England named dido and she is pretty prolific with her music.
   As a digression, there is also a famous female singer from Denmark  named Tina Dickow.......and my father's family was from Germany.  I always wondered if we were related, because Germany and Denmark are next  to each other. 
     If we were, maybe I would play a dido on her and dress up as an anile.
     I gotta get out of the house.
     Oh wait!! I did!!.  Went to Cypress House for a coffee and was told there was no charge because an anonymoust person paid for everyone's coffee today!  I thought that was pretty cool.  No dido from that person!
     You are welcome for being enlightened.
     Stay home.  Stay distanced.  Stay healthy.
Peace and Love

Nature's dido

My mother loved these

A little progress....but I can't fill in the bottom!



No comments:

Post a Comment