Tuesday, April 7, 2020

day 22

I mowed my lawn today

     It's not as easy as it sounds.
     Because Jackie needs help during the day, I mow for 30 minutes then check for messages on my phone.  On the hour I go in the house and see if she is ok.
     Today went well on that front.
     My back yard is like a roller coaster.  I have dips and drops big enough to churn my stomach when I mow. 
     And there are the obstacles. 
     My mower fits exactly between my raised gardens.  Or it did until the shield strap broke and I didn't have anything to hold the shield up, so I backed into the space and mowed while holding the shield up with my right hand.
     The shield is useless  because I have a mulching mower and there is no side discharge.  But the shield has to be there to meet safety standards.  I just need to figure out how to take it off myself.
     I ran over a sign.  I could not figure out where all the paper was coming from, and then I noticed the lawn care sign I had on the mower was gone.  Shredded.
And then there is the dog doo.  I pick up before I mow, but there are always a couple hiding in the grass.
     I also started cutting up boxes.
     I am crazy.  I have wanted to plant a natural garden in the back for years.  I thought I could save boxes, cut them up, and put them around the plants as a weed barrier.  Then I would mulch over the top to hold it all in place.
     So I have been saving boxes since Christmas.  I have a lot of cardboard.
     My plan was to sucker people into helping by having a plant the garden day with doughnuts and pizza and liquid refreshments.....but Covid might have a say in those plans.
     I got half the boxes cut up.  I have a lot of boxes.
     Hopefully I can finish tomorrow.
     It's a good activity to do by myself, in keeping with the times.
     Stay healthy.  Stay safe.
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment