Wednesday, March 28, 2018

glad to be retired

Today was a busy day

     Exercised, took friends to the airport, bought water softener salt, did dishes. went out to eat....now I am getting sleepy.
     I took my friends to O'Hare.  The had a 3:30 flight, and I know for international flights they like you there at least two hours early, even three.
     So we left at about 10:40.
     I am not sure what happened.  There is construction on the tollway between Rochelle and DeKalb, reducing eastbound lanes to one with lots of trucks.
     Whatever, we got to the airport at .... 11:50.
     I didn't think I was driving fast, although I did use the driving machine today because it has more storage space.
     Must just have been good traffic flow.
     I stopped at Lowe's in DeKalb to buy some water softener salt on the way home.
     I grabbed one of those big, flat blue carts, grabbed a package of super glue, and went off to find salt.
      It occurred to me I had never bought salt there and had no idea where it was.  So I stopped a nice lady and asked.
     "In the foyer.  Tell them at the register what you want and pay for it, then go grab it."
     I dutifully got in line with my huge blue cart with the tube of glue on it, and immediately caused a problem.
     "You have that big cart for that little package?" laughed the lady in front of me.  "What, was it too heavy for you?"
     "Hey," I replied.  "this was the only cart I could find.  My arms are tired."
     The clerk just kept quiet and stared at me.  The lady in front of me forgot about a gallon of paint she had in her cart and blamed it on me!  "He distracted me with his big cart," she said.
     We all laughed about it.  When she was done I told them I wanted five bags of water softener salt, which made the clerk happy because she was a little confused.
     "I was hoping you weren't using the cart just for the glue," she said.
     "I'm a man...I don't have to be reasonable or practical," I told her.
     All was well that ended well.  When I got home I had to take the 40 pound bags to the basement, which was a pretty good cardio workout.
     I bought one of those three wheeled carts that climbs stairs and strapped a bag to the cart.  Makes life a lot easier.
     And a bonus to the day was I listened to the Beatles on Sirius for a long time.... love the Fab Four.
     And now, it's time to say good night, good night, sleep tight.  Dream sweet dreams of....well, what ever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment