Monday, March 19, 2018

deep dish

It was a pizza feast

     Deep dish pizza, good friends, and great atmosphere.
     That sums up today.  Jackie and I drove into Chicago and met Kathy and John at Gulliver's, a rather interesting restaurant on the far north side.
     We had a deep dish, and the crust was butter crispy and the pie delicious.
     The inside of the restaurant is pretty neat.




     There are dozens of ceiling lights of all different sizes, shapes and colors.    The restaurant has an exposed brick wall, lots of mirrors, statues and just is a feast for the eyes.
     Did I mention the pizza was awesome?
     So here is a problem:
     We leave Rochelle at 3:30 and get there at 5:30.  Yes, traffic was heavy but I had a coffee at home at about 1:30 and had to make a stop on the way. 
     At dinner I had two glasses of water, two glasses of pop, and a coffee.
     How many stops did I make on the way home?  0.  Nada.  Nil. Not a one.
     I even let the dog out, petted her, walked the house to check for surprises, pulled the bed down and did not yet have to use the bathroom!
     The same thing happens on zoo days.  I usually have to stop once on the way there, but I drink a pop for lunch and have a large coffee on the way home and never stop.
     I think it is a psychological thing....I know I am on a schedule to get someplace and I don't want to be late, even though I usually am.
     No pressure on return trips, so no pressure on the bladder.
     Anyway....return trip took about 1:30.  No traffic either.
     Now I wonder if I will be able to get to sleep considering all the caffeine I have had tonight!!
     Here's hoping......

No comments:

Post a Comment