Tuesday, August 1, 2017

what da

I met myself on the road today

     I was coming back from DeKalb when I passed me.  I just waved.
     And  I had a panic attack.
     Jackie had a doctor appointment in DeKalb.  That was at 2 p.m.   We had a meeting at church at 5:30 p.m.  I suggested she get her feet done at the place Emily goes to in Sycamore, right across from the building that looks suspiciously like a strip joint, or more innocently, a "men's club."
     Figuring the doctor will be an hour, we made the appointment for 3:30.
Get to the doctor appointment and find out....wait for it.....our insurance requires a referral from our primary.  No referral, no appointment.
     The fact someone did not mention that to us gave me a little panic attack.  I have a date Monday with a doctor, but I don't think there is a referral.  And this could be an expensive date!
     Now it is 2, with a foot appointment for 3:30.  Luckily they took her early to pamper her toes and we went home to let out dogs and for me to call medical places asking about referrals and leaving a bunch of messages that probably sound like a crazy man talking.
     Then we went for out 5:30 meeting.  I jokingly suggested we move to DeKalb, since we are there so much lately.
     I think I passed me on the way back.
    He looked very fit, handsome with graying hair and driving a convertible sports car.  Nice blue linen shirt.
    He waved back.  Just like I do.  Most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment