Friday, August 25, 2017

crazy, crazy, crazy

I think the eclipse screwed up the world

     The Cubs lost two to last place teams...... looking lethargic and weak in doing so.
      I blame it on the eclipse.
     Traffic on the way home from the zoo was terrible.  At one point I was doing 40 on I 88!  40!!  And we stopped a couple of times, for no apparent reason.  The west bound right lane was backed up past Orchard Road because of construction on the road at the next exit.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     My favorite Brookfield coffee shop was closed.  No sign explaining why.  No lights.  No people.  Nada.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     I did not win either lottery, or the Heritage Days give away, or the cash calendar.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     I got caught by four trains in Western Springs.  Two Metra commuters, 2 BNSF freights.  Talk about a town and roads that get handcuffed when the gates are down so often and for so long!  Traffic on every street was bumper to bumper in every direction.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     I missed my in bed by 10 deadline for the 34th night in a row.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     My yard is so dry, the 26 ground squirrels living here have built a ladder to reach the bird bath.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     I have not made it to the Ren Faire in Bristol....yet.
     I blame it on the eclipse.
     Hey, this is pretty easy!  Something goes wrong, or if I don't like it, I can just blame it on something else instead of finding a solution!
     Wonder why more people don't think of doing this.
     Oh...... wait...........
     Never mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment