Monday, August 14, 2017

mary, mary......

I picked beans today

     I am not supposed to do pulling or twisting with my right hand, so I had to pick left handed.  That is weird.
     We have bush beans and Italian beans in our little garden space.  I picked both today, but I confess I don't know if they are over ripe.  Jackie said as long as they are not swelled up, (or is it swollen?) they are fine.
     Tomorrow I have an errand or two to run after Rotary, but then it will be freeze the beans day!
     The Japanese beetles and I were busy, and I have about 4 pounds of each kind of bean.  That should be enough to hold us over till next summer, when we can pick them again.
     I have to go out and plant more carrots.  I can do that in the space left by the peas.  I love carrots.  We did not have enough of them last year.
     Plenty of cucumbers, so if you want some, come over and grab them.
     But I only have one tomato so far.  Lots on the plants, but none are red, yet.
     I think the lack of rainfall is affecting the garden, seems a couple of weeks since the last good rain.
     It is supposed to rain Wednesday, our last Cub game, and I truthfully hate dragging the hoses out to water the garden and a couple of trees.
     If nothing happens Wednesday, I'll water Thursday.
     Gowrsh....this was pretty boring.
     Maybe I have lost the touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment