Saturday, August 12, 2017

a food kind of day

I think I ate tooo much

     It was not my fault.   Well, not all of it.
     Hicks' barbecue was at the car wash, and Jackie and I thought it would be good to have some brisket for supper.  So I bought sandwiches.
     Then I went to the market at Cypress House and there was a taco truck.  So I bought two cilantro chicken tacos.  Figured that was lunch.  And it was a lot for lunch!  Very delicious tacos, will definitely go back to them.
     Also got some super sweet corn at Rainwaters, which I boiled for supper.
     A friend, Sheri, came over and did some weeding of my flower garden.  I did most before I had the stents, but the thistle keeps coming back fast.  I can't use my wrist for twisting or digging motions, so we snared our friend for a little help.
     We all had supper, along with a little wine.
     The brisket and pulled pork were very good, as was the cole slaw.  And the corn was amazing.
     Problem is, I always eat good food too much.  I know that is terrible grammar.  Sorry.
     Adding to the problem, I stopped at Culver's to check on the order for the museum next Saturday, and the salted caramel concrete mixer actually called to me!  So I had one of those.
     I have gained 46 pounds today!
     But tomorrow is another day and I promise I will be better.  I have to be, those stents won't work forever!
     Maybe tonight I'll see some meteors.....looks clear.  That would be nice.
     I'll brew some decaf tea, put on a sweatshirt and sit outside for a while, enjoying the dark and the tea.
     And some shooting stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment