Thursday, August 17, 2017

a walk off, or out

Went to a Cub game tonight...or last night

     It was wild!  Rizzo hits a grand slam in the first, Lackey loads the bases three times and gives up one run, the Cubs lead 6-1, Reds tie, Cubs win on a walk off wild pitch......what a game!
     We are 2-6 in games this year, a lot different than last year's 6-0.
     But I have a confession:  I did not see the end.
     I wanted to catch the 11:40, so we left the park at the end of the top of the ninth.  John and I were walking to our ride when the crowd cheered Baez's double.
     We listened to the ending in the car.
     That's the problem with night games.  If I drive my car, then I am driving two hours at a time when I am really tired.  If I take the train, I like catching the 11:40 rather than the 12:40.  I caught the 11:40 and got home at 2.  The 12:40 would have gotten me home at 3.  For some reason, I think I would be much more tired at 3 than 2.
     I did have a coffee....and now I am wide awake.
     We could have stayed longer at the game, the drive to the station only took about 30 minutes or so.
     But traffic was light.  Heavy traffic, or rain, could have doubled the time and I may have missed the 11:40.
     Oh well......
     It was still exciting.  Going to the park is always a fun time.  Hopefully I'll see a couple of more games this year.
     Day games.
     Like it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment