Tuesday, August 29, 2017

are you sirius???

I love the Beatles

     And now that Sirius XM has a Beatles channel, that is all I listen to in the car.
So many of the songs apply to my life.
     Help!  Of course, I could use a little help.  Cleaning, caring, cooking...the three c's.  We had leftovers tonight and I still had 3, 731 dishes!  Holy crapola!!
     Fool on the Hill  Self explanatory.
     Taxman  Well,  maybe doesn't apply to Illinois state income taxes, but there are a lot of taxes I have to pay!
     Strawberry Fields  Very vexing.  I planted ever-bearing strawberry plants last year.  Last year I got 6 strawberries.  This year I got about a dozen.  All year.  Frustrating.
     When I'm 64  When this came out I could not imagine being 64!  Seriously!!  "When I get older losing my hair, many years from now".....I was in my late teens when that came out.  Who ever thinks of old age when they are teens?  Surprisingly, that was, I believe, the first Lennon/McCarthy song, written when they were still lads in school in Liverpool.
     Julia    Off the white album.  The boys actually wrote this song at my request for my daughter.  I ran into Paul one day in London and said, "Be a mate and do a ditty for my daughter."  He did.  The rest is history.  He was supposed to write one for Emily, but left that up to Simon and Garfunkel instead.
     She's Leaving Home    Written for every parent whose kid leaves the house, known or unknown.
     Rain  My garden and lawn are pretty dry.  We need it.  Houston has enough.
     Your Mother Should Know  How I helped our daughters with homework after  the fifth grade level.
     I'm a Loser  Every time I  buy lottery tickets.  And yet, I still buy them.  Whenever the pots go over $100 million I buy a couple and am convinced, beyond a doubt, that I will win.  Since you know where I live, it is obvious I have not won.  Yet.
     Hard Days Night    Or, why can't I get to sleep.  Ok, I did have a Starbucks at about 3:30 today....but that will wear off in what, 16 hours???  Good grief.  I will probably wax cabinets after this.
     I've Just Seen a Face    You know I can't remember the damn name.  I may call Kelsey Hailey or even Kailey.  I just never know what name will come out.
     I Should Have Known Better  Really.  Never grab onto a live electric wire with a vice grips.  Never put a ladder on a 45 degree angle and climb up to paint.  Never hold the duct tape with your lips when it is 20 below zero outside and you need two hands to hold down the-flapping -in-the-70 mph-wind plastic sheathing on your cheap patio door.  And never pull that tape off your lips, because they may not bleed in the freezing cold, but once you hit the warm air, it's a gusher.
     Paperback Writer  Yes, I will finish the book.  And the first one.  And the third one.  And the fourth one.  I will.  Soon.
     I could go on.  But my hands are tired.
     Now, it's time to say good night.  Good night, sleep tight.  Dream sweet dreams of me..........dream sweet dreams of food.  Oops... Wrong lyrics.
     Maybe a quick snack before I tackle those cabinets.


No comments:

Post a Comment