Friday, August 11, 2017

And then I said

I did the August history walk today

     I felt fine.  One of the people said that if I could do the walk with two stents implaced Monday, they could do the walk just fine.
     We got caught by a train.  It was about a 15 minute wait, but eventually the train cleared the crossing.  The good thing is no train whistle because the city has quiet zones.
     I like when people ask me questions for which I don't have an answer.  I have to ask Wendy where and how the city got the Lincoln Highway markers by the visitor's center.
     Every time I do the walk I learn something.  Today I learned the Rochelle Bottling Company bottled a product for Pepsi before moving the operation to Rockford.
     It was really a nice night, not hot, not windy, pleasant all around.
     But I admit I am tired of talking.  Seems I talk more every time I do this.
     A couple of people said I knew more about Rochelle history than they did, and they have lived here their whole lives.
     I don't think that is true.....but it was nice of them to say.
     Two more walks to go..... hope I don't run out of jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment