Monday, August 21, 2017

going...going...gone

I was impressed by the eclipse today

     As with all celestial events in northern Illinois, it was rainy and cloudy.
     I have missed meteor showers, red moons, blue moons, lunar eclipses all because of the clouds.  It's like mother nature doesn't want me to enjoy the heavens.
     Picture these pictures:  (I was going to take them, but did not think of it soon enough in the day.)    Me looking at John.  Me looking at Jesus.  Me looking at a flower.
     I would be looking at a son (in law), Son of God, and a sun flower with no damage to my eyes.
     I thought it was funny.  A moment missed.
     I did not buy solar glasses....turned out that was a couple of bucks saved!
    Watching it on the NASA feed was great, except for the Nebraska feed when at the peak time they focused on the three experts putting on their glasses.
     But watching the diamond form was amazing!  It did not seem every eclipse shown had the diamond ring, so maybe someone can explain that to me.
     I have already made plans to go to Carbondale in 2024 for the next eclipse.  
    This time, I will buy glasses.  Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment