Wednesday, May 31, 2017

my feet are getting itchy

I need to go somewhere

     Every time a jet goes overhead, I picture myself enroute to some really great destination.
     Instead, I end up in DeKalb.
     Not that DeKalb is a bad place, but it's not France or Switzerland or Vermont or Mackinaw Island or Cuba or any of a dozen other places I wish I was at.
     Pictures on Facebook?  They turn me green with envy with people in Arizona, or Florida, or on some big ship heading east.
     I think it is called wanderlust.
     Next week I go to Chicago twice to watch the Cubs.  That will help, but it's a far cry from sitting on Julia's balcony and watching the lake while sipping wine.
     We have not decided on a time to go this year.  Lots of uncertainty with that.
     Hopefully things will clear up shortly and travel will be something to plan.
     Until then, I'll have to content myself with being a homebody.
    And now, some pictures.


I wish.......

I love my tablecloth from France.  Wish we used it more!



No comments:

Post a Comment