Monday, May 8, 2017

hacked.......

I see a lot of people have been hacked on Facebook

     Jackie and I have received lots of friend requests lately, people who we thought were already friends.
     So we have not accepted any unless we have verified the request.
     I changed my password, just to be safe.  But honestly, I don't get how changing my FB password prevents my being hacked.
     And honestly, I don't get the word hacked.
     In high school, when we played basketball in gym class. guys were always yelling, "Dickow hacked me, again."
     That wasn't good.  In fact, basketball in gym was the only time I ever got into a fight!  Well, it wasn't much of a fight.  I elbowed a guy and he punched me in the jaw.  That was it.  Hurt like hell.
     But I digress.
     Now I read about life hacks....things you do to make life easier.  Just call them helpful hints and make life easier for all of us.
     A hack used to be a writer who was past his prime and no longer creative, but cranked out copy anyway.
     A hack used to be a cab.  Don't know if it was spelled the same way.
     And don't forget the hack attached to a saw....the hacksaw.
     I had a brother who used to get hacked off when I did something stupid, which was and is often.
     You've all heard the guy hacking away in the back of the movie theater.
     And in journalism we were taught to avoid the hackneyed phrase.
     So many hacks in life.    Now maybe you see why I get a little confused when people get hacked.
     I am not sure exactly what happens.  I just know that 1234 is not my password anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment