Friday, May 19, 2017

yesterday, i want to hold your hand

I had a great listening experience today

     As I drove to the zoo, I tuned in the Beatles XM channel, 18.
     And listened to the music I loved when I was still young.
     I heard lots of songs I had never heard before.  Strange, but I thought I knew most of the Fab Four's recordings.  But today I heard more than I imagined.
     They even played studio recordings and live performances of the same songs and they sounded quite different.
    But I also had a negative thought.
     What if I get bored?  I mean the Beatles were great, are great, but so were the Stones.  There is no Rolling Stones channel, yet.
     On the way home I listened to the Cubs and when the rains came, went back to the Beatles and heard music I heard in the morning.  I did not mind.
    The also have Beatles music that other bands covered, like Perry Como singing "I Want to Hold your Hand," and Justin Bieber doing "Revolution."
    Just kidding.
    What also amazed me is I do not know the lyrics.  I thought I did, but today I could hear them clearly in my cocoon pod.
    I am surprised people did not report me as I sang and drove.  Probably looked like a mad man.
   Oh well, that's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment