Thursday, May 25, 2017

huh.....didn't know that

I used to watch a lot of tv westerns

     Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Palladin, The Rifleman, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Bonanza, Rawhide...to name most of them.
     I know there were future stars in some of them.  The Rifleman always seemed to have an unknown actor in it who went on to star on the big screen.  Burt Reynolds was on Gunsmoke, Clint Eastwood on Rawhide, Steve McQueen in Wanted:  Dead or Alive.
     And of course Maverick...wasn't he James Garner?   I went through a stage where I would buy sarsaparilla, because it was "sarsaparilla with a dash of cherry" whenever Maverick ordered at the bar.
     I remember Bret, Bart and vaguely remember Beau, or Beauregard.  I know it was a small part, not often in the regular show.  I did not know until this week that Beau was played by Sir Roger Moore, who died at age 89 this week.
     He played the English dandy cousin of Bret and Bart.
     He had an amazing career, from cowboy to super spy.
     Of course, I never realized Kitty was a hooker either.  The first season she was always going upstairs with a customer, but they changed her character as the show went on.
      Maybe that explains why she and Matt never married.
     Those were the days, my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment