Monday, May 15, 2017

mary, mary, quite contrary

I started my wall project today

     No, I am not building one, just decorating one.
     And I am paying for it, not my neighbors.
     But I am a little uncertain.
     Here's why:

      I know the lighting is terrible.  Go figure.  Sunset.  Anyway, I am coming out 24 inches, hand digging the plant zone.  I want to plant flowers that are low maintenance and easy to grow.
     I am thinking near the steps, a grouping of black eyed susan.  Then along the wall, a hosta...daylily....hosta arrangement.  I seem to have plenty of daylilies.


     That hosta/ily combo would be terminated in  a stand of butterfly weed, just about where the bricks meet the concrete.  Then hostas and maybe lilies of the valley to the backside of the house.
     Would that be too much variety?  I thought the butterfly weed would give some color and height.  And the area in front of the concrete painted wall goes out of sunshine about 1, so I wasn't sure about daylilies there.
     If anyone has any thoughts, please share.
    And I will be digging dirt all week, so bring a shovel and stop by!
    In other news.....
    Some pictures from recently.

 Emily and John brought bd presents and creme brulee Saturday.  It was a great dessert!

I think that is a mink chewing on my finger!  Ouch!!


 Help!  Help!!  Big Red is back!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment