Thursday, May 18, 2017

rolling, rolling, rolling

I may get arrested

     And yes, it was my fault.
     I was helping Jackie into the car tonight at the library, which is located right across the alley from the police station.
     She stood up, wobbled, and I grabbed her.  But the wheelchair had different ideas.
     As I manipulated her into the car, the chair rolled downhill, gradually picking up speed.
     Then it hit the police car.
     It hit it on the wheel, I an positive no damage was done.
    And I am thankful there are no car alarms on the vehicles, because I am positive it would have gone off.
     I know there are security cameras.......so if I am hauled away in handcuffs and put in the judicial gulag; well, it was nice knowing you.
     I also did a stupid thing driving yesterday.
     I was taking her to a doctor appointment in DeKalb.  I stopped at the stop light at Caron Road and 38.  I was in the left lane, with my turn signal on.
     If a car gets there early enough, it gets  a green turn arrow.  No such luck.
     The light turned green.  The car facing me did not move, even though it had a green.  I assumed it was going straight, so I did not venture out into the intersection because I know you never turn in front of a car.
     A few seconds passed, the van next to me had not moved, the light was green, the car across from me put on a left signal, so I pulled out.
     Halfway through the turn I heard the ambulance, barreling down the road toward me.  I pulled over to the right as fast as I could, and it continued on its way.
     I swear, I had no idea.  I could not see to the right because of the other vehicle.  I didn't hear the siren, maybe because the radio was on but it could not have been too loud because someone complains.
     I am just lucky I did not cause an accident.
     I did learn a lesson....something along the line of look before you leap.


No comments:

Post a Comment